09 December 2006

My contribution to the poetic event

I am happy to share the news with you, my dear readers: I have decided to participate in the International Congress on Poetry about Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

It appears that the current Iranian year has been designated as "Year of Prophet Mohammad (AS)". It also appears that the Ministry of Culture and the Islamic Culture and the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization (ICRO) have sponsored the event and that they welcome poetic contributions. Since the race, nationality and gender of the contributors are not restricted, I have decided to present my entry. I have chosen the Japanese tanka as a model, with some necessary modifications.

in armchair
playing with cat
wife grumbles
Mohammad wants me to marry four
fuck him

Other contributions welcome in the comments to this post. I shall pass them on.

***

0 comments: