20 September 2007

If I wanted to...

become a cheap techno-thriller writer (no names, please), this is precisely the way I would do it:

It was just after midnight when the 69th* Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.
I would also change the pen name from Uzi Mahnaimi to something with more zing to it. For example... no, no names.

But then - would I publish fragments of my future thrillers as news items? Nah...

(*) That number is totally misleading. The real code for this unit is MHNM-P/U/T/Z and now that you know it we'll have to kill you.

***

0 comments: