27 September 2010

Hari and Levy's reductionist vision of Israel

Chris Dyszyński of Just Journalism with a good article on the two clowns.

Maybe just one remark Chris' article is missing: the general attitude of Hari's piece, titled Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?  shows two main mistakes Hari and Levy tend to make:

  • Grossly (in all senses of this word) overvaluing Mr Levy's - and Mr Hari's - public worth
  • As a result, grossly overrating the level of emotion felt by Israeli public toward Mr Levy

4 comments:

Pisa said...

First reaction: who the f**k is Gideon Levy?
On second thought: f**k Gideon Levy

First time I use this kind of words in a comment box. I won't mind if you delete it, but I just had to...

Nice label, btw. Mildly put, but nice.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

You know, Pisa, "who the f**k is Gideon Levy?" is an excellent question.

Unlike I, who knows something about Mr Levy, 9 out of 10 Israelis don't. Which only proves my point in that post.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

P.S. And why would I delete that comment, I don't even know what "f**k" means.

Pisa said...

Well then, it only proves you're normal. Most men don't know what it means :-P