20 May 2014

Salma Hayek and a fashionable tag - uncensored photo

Here it goes:

I don't know about you, my dear reader(s), but when I see a scene like that, my only question is of a purely mercantile nature, that is "Cui bono?" - Who benefits?

Who benefits, indeed, of this show of solidarity, fairly useless in itself, like the endless on-line petitions and feel-good letters to the editor?

In this specific case I can see only two beneficiaries: first of all the delectable Ms Hayek herself and then the ogres of Boko Haram - from some additional publicity they crave as much as any Hollywood superstar.

WTF?

11 comments:

Sennacherib said...

Somehow I knew this wasn't going to end well, maybe it's a gift.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Why, the end of the episode was an (unexpected, true) bonus - even for the participants, who learn about some laws of physics, albeit only the basic ones.

Dick Stanley said...

Only a curmudgeon would criticize this, uh, whatever you call it.

Dick Stanley said...

Sought out the camera immediately, didn't it. Funny how that worked.

Dick Stanley said...

Well now, with Wormtongue you never know. Even Debka may have it right,

Dick Stanley said...

Bid for free publicity? Yeah, that's it.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

You mean the comely sight of Ms Hayek? Right, I wouldn't criticize it at all.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

100% hit ration is something to be proud of.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Debka does its usual percentage of lucky guesses, but I seriously doubt that one.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

You bet.

Akaky said...

I'm sorry, I missed the sign completely.