17 March 2012

GOP candidate/Democratic candidate: find the difference

I know that this may cause some uneasiness to both Republican and Democratic friends of mine, but I have always suspected that the difference between the politicos isn't all that big, no matter what party they represent. Here is the proof:

GOP candidate gives pitch at wrong convention

Republican congressional candidate Dan Dolan of Muscatine arrived early at the Monroe County Courthouse for the Republican convention being held Saturday in Albia, Iowa. Unfortunately, the county Democrats were holding their convention in the same building, and Dolan spoke to the wrong group of people.

Dolan laughed Monday when he described the encounter.

“It was a crazy day,” Dolan said. “We had scheduled 10 speaking engagements through the district.” Dolan and a staffer arrived at the courthouse and headed up the stairs into the convention.

“My staffer runs up and says, ‘Hey, Dan Dolan is here. Can he speak?’ So they stopped everything, and I get up there and give my speech,” Dolan said. “I get done, a guy raises his hand and says, ‘I think you want to talk to the Republicans.’”
One guy (unclear out of how many) noticed something... oh boy...

So there.

0 comments: