05 October 2010

More poisoned fruit of globalization

Eight people thought to be German nationals were killed in a suspected drone strike in northwestern Pakistan, two Pakistani officials said Monday.
Let's see how it translates in globalization terms: eight German citizens, probably of mixed Middle East origins (Yemen, Marocco, Saudi Arabia, Somali etc. come to mind) killed in Pakistan by Hellfire missile launched from a Predator drone, both produced in USA (General Atomics Aeronautical Systems and Lockheed Martin), some of it based on Israeli design, most of it, probably, stuffed with Taiwanese and Chinese electronics and whatnot.

 This is what I call big G...

4 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

What's a few less people, in an overpopulated and overpopulating world? It's a service, I tell you.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

That for sure ;)

David All said...

When I first heard this story, my initial thought was that the drone strike had killed eight German soldiers by mistake. Then I thought eight German tourists who were out hiking had been killed. Only after I heard the whole story did I realize that 8 naturalized German Muslim terrorists had been killed.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, the real percentage of terrorists betwenn these 8 will be difficult to establish. Especially now, when they are so hopelessly mixed up ;)