20 April 2011

Marrickville Council wakes up to smell... no, not the coffee

Some time ago I have posted that one on the subject of Sydney (Australia) neighborhood where its local council, led by Australian Greens, made a point of managing international affairs.

Thanks to colleague Elder of Ziyon, it appears now that the ungrateful population of Marrickville decided that it (the population) had enough of politicking and wasting their money.

The Greens lost to Labor by fewer than 700 votes, in a seat they were favourites to snare. The backlash was quite a shock to the Greens, whose extremist ideological baggage is at last costing them votes.
Now Greens should give some thought to their future. Maybe they should return to saving the whales, reducing the use of detergents and devising a solution for all these farting sheep and cows that destroy the ozone layer...

8 comments:

Pisa said...

Marickville Greens remind me of Freddy Krueger. Might be his green striped sweater, but I'll rather bet on the common lust for destruction. By the way, it's not only australian Greens who are obsessed with Israel:
http://hurryupharry.org/2011/04/19/are-the-greens-crawling-with-antisemites/

Green is the color of Islam. It was the color of the romanian antisemitic party Iron Guards before WWII. And the Grinch...ach, I almost forgot the Grinch! Not to mention broccoli...

Quo vadis, viriditas?

SnoopyTheGoon said...

But it's also the color of Maccabi Haifa, I believe.

Pisa said...

...which only makes my point stronger! Football, pfffttt!

By the way, how come the Greens never speak up for the (green) grass viciously abused by football players? Let's sue somebody!

shira said...

<span>Pisa</span><span> and Snoop- broccoli is awesome!, as well as Maccabi Hifa and I think Freddy had a black and red stripes shirt - I only caught bits of it when my friends watched, it was too boring (boring, not scary... boring) but I don't remember him in Green.</span>
<span>Yellow, now that's an awful color</span>
<span> </span>

Pisa said...

For Freddy's sweater:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Krueger

Broccoli is awsome if you look like this:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I too have my reservations re broccoli. Only under duress etc...

SnoopyTheGoon said...

No, yellow is cool. I have always dreamed about a canary- colored car.

Anonymous said...

yellow=summer blaaaa
green= Maccabi Haifa3:1 HaPoel Haifa