23 April 2011

Easter eggs? Spring spheres? Nope, spring balls.

This is a smasher, really:

"I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay," Jessica explained. "She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat 'spring spheres.' I couldn't call them Easter eggs."
In reality no one was fooled:
"When I took them out of the bag, the teacher said, 'Oh look, spring spheres' and all the kids were like 'Wow, Easter eggs.' So they knew," Jessica said.
And the reason is clear: how many third graders will grok the word "sphere"?

I propose "spring balls". It matches the tireless spirit of Political Correctness and its results, and hopefully it wouldn't be considered a (hidden) manifestation of male chauvinism.

And don't let me go on - about the Easter Bunny and its PC name...

5 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Eggs are s[heres? Vernal ovoids would have been a better descri[tion!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Vernal ovoids... mmm... yes, works for me!

Dick Stanley said...

Ever notice how it's mainly Christianity that bugs these PCers? There's a message there somewhere.

BTW, I gave most of my teeth to jelly beans. I miss them yet!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I've sure noticed. The message is that any religious group that doesn't kill its offenders is an easy target.

As for the second statement: do you miss the jelly beans or the teeth?

Dick Stanley said...

Both.