01 March 2011

Combining two good ideas

To start with, I have stumbled on this offer of adopting a terrorist for prayer.

"Where is the Christian response to terrorism?" the site says. "If the struggle against violence done in the name of Islam is primarily spiritual, then defeating it requires a spiritual response."
While not a Christian, I can see where this idea may have a point. I don't have a problem with praying (or, rather, performing a secular equivalent of same - flossing my teeth or whatever it is) for a whole list of arch-terrorists.

Then I have encountered another article, this on the the mother ship that is riding in orbit around the Earth in expectation of the Rapture, when the time will come for the Nation of Islam to take off and leave us heathens for a rather lengthy period of torment and stuff.

Without drawing any parallels (Allah forbid) between the spiritual struggle against... whatever, as outlined in the first article and the Nation of Islam folks, what if this mother ship (or the wheel), huge as it is, according to Mr Farrakhan, takes aboard not just the good folks of the Nation of Islam but also these terrorists we all are supposed to be praying for. I am sure that the issue of separating the two groups while in transit could be settled easily by so advanced a civilization.

So that's what I be praying for - in my own way I mentioned already.

0 comments: