05 May 2012

Occupy the shit out of everything!

I am still trying to get my head around that social phenomenon called OWS. It is a thankless business, but I don't want just to call them useless no good rabble rousers and turn my back. So I have perused a nice collection of pictures from the May 1 NYC gathering of OWS, courtesy of Buzzfeed.

What can I say - the question of what OWS is remains unanswered - at least in a civil language. Checking the various slogans displayed on various placards doesn't bring any clarity - just the opposite. From a mildly unattractive "Money Bunny" offering spanking services to bankers, via a dorky-looking Jesus with a suspiciously light cross to a lady that carries her end of a placard with prominently displayed bull's balls and a T-shirt that demands visiting rights for the wives of Miami 5 (does she know who they are, by the way, I wonder?)...

The more messages you look at, the more confusing the picture gets. The only coherent and (so far) the only consistent with OWS actions message is this one:


Oh well, what the heck...

4 comments:

Shaun Downey (Jams O Donnell) said...

I am quite sympathetic to the Occupy movement if not some of the wilder crap it inevitably attracted. 

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, I am still trying to understand what they stand for - I mean aside of the quite common agreement that the rich people's money must be evenly divided among the other 99%.

KatieNorcross said...

The one sign you will never see at the Occupy movement:

Occupy A Job

SnoopyTheGoon said...

This is probably planned for a later stage in their development.