06 May 2012

Drunk who falls where?

Quick reading of headlines sometimes makes people miss some wondrous stories. "Drunk Briton falls on the rails of Moscow Metro" was the headline I almost skipped, not seeing anything unusual in another drank Russian falling down in... wait a sec. There it is and nobody transposed any words in that headline by mistake:

A British citizen ended up in a hospital after celebrating his new flat in the center of Moscow left to him by his late grandmother.
Well, there are some additional mitigating circumstances: Russian roots.

OK, so I can relax now.

4 comments:

Shaun Downey (Jams O Donnell) said...

Perhaps his other ancestors were Irish .. Luckily for me I just fell down some stairs while heading for the platrom and landed nowhere near the rails... I still got to wear that spiffy plaster for a long time!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

The question is whether you were under influence at the time.

Shaun Downey (Jams O Donnell) said...

 Guilty as charged but not excessively so. Was chatting to  work colleague when I missed my footing

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Then it doesn't count.