10 September 2009

Welcome the new relativist: Tom Friedman

If I didn't read it directly from the source, I would have thought someone is pulling my leg. Vigorously, too.

One-party autocracy certainly has its drawbacks. But when it is led by a reasonably enlightened group of people, as China is today, it can also have great advantages.
The man has gone bonkers. Raving mad, I say. And then this:
It is not an accident that China is committed to overtaking us in electric cars, solar power, energy efficiency, batteries, nuclear power and wind power.
Is he aware of the level of pollution created by the factories that produce all these electric cars, solar power equipment etc. in China and some of its neighbors that have become the major polluting sources on Earth?

And I haven't even mentioned the much vaunted Chinese democracy and their touching attention to minorities and dissidents.

Creep...

Hat tip: Dick Stanley.

0 comments: