20 September 2009

Washing? At your own peril.

If you are going to take a shower, think again before this suicidal act:

Showering may be bad for your health, say US scientists, who have shown that dirty shower heads can deliver a face full of harmful bacteria. Tests revealed nearly a third of devices harbour significant levels of a bug that causes lung disease.
I think that humanity is at crossroads. And that we are, in fact, done with washing, because:
Hot tubs and spa pools carry a similar infection risk, according to the Health Protection Agency.
So, I have decided to quit this dangerous habit. I am still smoking, though, so it should mask the odor, at least partially, for a while. Anyway, it's better to smell like carrion than to be one.

I consider this outcome to be a full and unqualified victory of the British* anti-washing coalition, about which I have warned more than three years ago.

(*) Notice that "harbour" in the first quote. See what I mean?

0 comments: