21 October 2010

Let me go, Shmuley. Please?

Rabbi Shmuely Boteach is an inventive guy. Here he shows a cool workaround he found for homosexuals:

There are 613 commandments in the Torah. One is to refrain from gay sex. Another is for men and women to marry and have children. So when Jewish gay couples come to me for counselling and tell me they have never been attracted to the opposite sex in their entire lives and are desperately alone, I tell them, "You have 611 commandments left. That should keep you busy...."
611... yeah...

Do you know what, Shmuely? I waive my rights to that deal, remaining what I am - straight and secular.

How does a rematch with Hitch look to you, by the way?

4 comments:

No Good Boyo said...

What a prize shnorrer. Still, the gays might be handy at sorting out tsiniut. The closes we have to him in the UK is Rabbi Yitzchak Shochet, whose wisdom is unbounded by sense.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I especially like his references to Pat R. as his bosom buddy. Indeed, the likness is there - in style, at least.

Katie said...

This is the same Rabbi who thought Michael Jackson was an ok guy.  Nothing weird about old Jacko.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yep, the one and only Shmuley Boteach.