19 August 2010

So why not decoy Jews?

The article, when I read it the first time, seemed to be clear enough:

“Decoy Jew” is a new phrase in the Netherlands. Jews are no longer safe in major Dutch cities such as Amsterdam. Since 1999, Jewish organizations in the Netherlands have been complaining that Jews who walk the Dutch streets wearing skullcaps risk verbal and physical attacks by young Muslims. Being insulted, spat at or attacked are some of the risks associated with being recognizable as a Jew in contemporary Western Europe.
...
In an effort to arrest the culprits who terrorize Jews, the Amsterdam authorities have ordered police officers to walk the streets disguised as Jews. The Dutch police already disguise officers as “decoy prostitutes, decoy gays and decoy grannies” to deter muggings and attacks on prostitutes, homosexuals and the elderly. Apparently sending out the decoys has helped reduce street crime. The “decoy Jew” has now been added to the police attributes.
So, we have here a sad story of young Muslims becoming way too frisky and venting their frustrations in a healthy anti-Semitic way (or is it the anti-Zionist way, it is so difficult to get a handle on the distinction these days?). We have a cause and we have a natural police response to it. Sad as it is, nowadays it's not exceptional in Europe.

But then something caused me to browse the article again. Here it comes:
The deployment of “decoy Jews”, however, is being criticized by leftist parties such as the Dutch Greens. Evelien van Roemburg, an Amsterdam counselor of the Green Left Party, says that using a decoy by the police amounts to provoking a crime, which is itself a criminal offence under Dutch law.
So I have one or two questions to ask the Counselor:
  • Does the Counselor protest the use of decoy Jews only, or decoys in general?
  • Does the Counselor think that the urge to attack a peacefully walking and minding own business Jew is natural?
  • Maybe the real Jews (not the decoy ones) should be also considered as provocateurs of crime by their mere appearance?
  • The Counselor herself is a mighty good looking person. Wouldn't the Counselor's appearance on the streets of Amsterdam be a provocation for all kinds of unsavory elements? By itself a criminal offense, so to speak?
  • And... no, enough is enough.
Questions, questions...

Via The Blonde Zionist Jewish Chick.

32 comments:

Dvar Dea said...

<p><span>Two points:</span>
</p><p><span>Is she confusing provocation with entrapment? It seems so but I don’t know Dutch law.</span>
</p><p><span>Is there a version in Dutch? I hope someone challenged her reasoning the way you have. Though I would skip the reference to her looks, it’s way too cynical, and can serves as a gateway excuse for those defending her reasoning. Focusing on it, describing it as insensitive and chauvinistic, making this the issue rather than the need for decoy Jews in the streets of Amsterdam.</span>
</p><p><span>Other than that, thumbs up.</span></p>

Katie said...

Now you know the real reason the Councilor is upset at this is because one is not allowed to criticize Muslims or their behavior.  This is best amplified by the town council and mayor of the Swedish city of Malmo.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I would say that the article states that any decoy is unlawful in Netherlands.

As for cynicism, it surely makes people sit up and pay attention. Never fails.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Mayor of Malmo worries about the next election, so his behavior is quite reasonable, as it goes in Europe.

Dvar Dea said...

<p><span>Yea, you’re right, this is the plus of cynicism. </span></p>

Louise said...

I don't read Dutch, but isn't Groen "Green".  That would explain a lot.

Yitzchak Goodman said...

Norman Finkelstein had a post linking to the decoy story. His title? "Dutch police to undergo mandatory circumcision and will expose their traumatized 'members' in public" http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/dutch-police-to-undergo-mandatory-circumcision-and-will-expose-their-traumatized-members-in-public/

You can't make stuff like that up (although he can somehow).

SnoopyTheGoon said...

It is green indeed. And green is really green in Amsterdam, if you get my drift ;)

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Oh, I see. Thanks. It explains a lot.

Dick Stanley said...

Fortunately, the police do not seem to be paying the objections much attention. And you'd think they would if it meant they could avoid an adult circumcision. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Well , the moral decay is just can not be one sided !

If there is injustice , there is insecruty and povety andthe  support of relgious fundumantalist regimes  in unndustrialidzed societies to secure the profit of selected few , you can not expect a highly educated masses either .
you know this well , eitherwises you are an idiot !

Anonymous said...

 reading about Malchiel Greenwald , one can understand about the whole nature of Zionism !
The cowards did not have enough gut to stand up against Nazis and they cooperated until they very end with fascists to kill their own people !
Some at the expense of power and money just traded the lives of  hundreds of thousand Jews !

Anonymous said...

Hahaha
I gave you my you tube website now , so that you can see my vids !
Zionists =Islamic fundamentalist =evangelists = assholes idiots and retards that their ideology must be eradicated if human race wants  to have a chance to survive !

Anonymous said...

are u mad at me ? do want to kill me ?
Well ! not unexpected reaction from a Zionist 1
A Zionist can only censor or kill ( like their Islamic and christian counterparts that get founded by   ) !

SnoopyTheGoon said...

eitherwise?

This is the way they speak in Canada these days? Sounds more like German to me.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I guess not everyone has the guts of an illiterate (or else dislectic) Canuck with itchy fingers.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

No, please, don't give me your tube website. Just take your medicine on time and relax.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Mad at you? Why?

It is a pleasure to erase pointless raving, and I intend to start with the next one.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Interesting that you've mentioned circumcision. I am preparing a related post on the subject. Or almost on the subject.

Peter Risdon said...

Can ANY of these 'guests' spell or punctuate? Perhaps the drool gets into the keyboards and gums them up.

What the f**K is going on, Snoopy? Haven't we been through this before in Europe? I'm nearly 50. If you had told me, 30 years ago, that we'd be re-running this crap now I'd have said you were mad.

Anonymous said...

it is prudent not to play with mad dogs such as you !
Whoever comes to your blog  and want to say something against Zionism need some pills to relax himself for herself first !

I did not give you my you tube website either !
I do not what you meant  by do not give your tube website !

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I wish I knew, Peter. Sometimes it seems to me that I am mad, though.

One thing for sure: the green light to bash "Zionists" opened an attractive venue for many a moron.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

We are definitely in agreement about pills, it looks like, dear Guest. So why don't you take a handful and come back later, when you are relaxed?

You seem to be terribly tense, judging by your ability to write...

Anonymous said...

<span>I wish I knew, Peter. Sometimes it seems to me that it's I who is mad, though. </span>
Who is this Peter ? He does not make sense to me!

Snoopy well , thanks for reminding me that I live in Canada and you can monitor my daily activities as you like so !
do not worry snoop , I am just reading a bunch of books !
Sometimes that I feel the pressure is unbearable and I can not sleep , i can come to your blog and say what I want so , so that I can reduce the stress that  have been induced on me by likes of you and  from reading and witnessing racism and lack of people's humanity !
it is just that simple !

David All said...

Snoopy, back in the late 1960s & 70s, the police in many US cities used similar tactics to stop attacks on Jews by local anti-Semitic thugs. This led to a number of jokes about the cops involved having to hide their crosses (American police are often Catholics) and what would happen when a black police officer was assigned to this detail.

Will somebody please give Guest his raibies shot before he bits someone?!

Anonymous said...

David!
You need to get a shot yourself .
A normal person 's person  functions like to perceive  killing as horrendous  and racism as evil . 
That if a society wants to progress must decrease inequalities ( economically and politically ) .

For you , it is otherwise !

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Try to reduce your daily reading, lay off of coffee and keyboard. It will alleviate your suffering.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, go already and do some reading. You can definitely do with some increase of that power.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, black Jews are not unknown in US. Makes sense ;)

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Now, the next step in your cure, Guest, will be to reduce your incessant posting here. One a day should become the norm, otherwise I shall reduce your output manually. Capisce?

Anonymous said...

you can not control my mind !
I do what I want to do !
And I want to do is to drink coffee and tea and lots of other things and to read books

SnoopyTheGoon said...

"you can not control my mind ! "

You will be surprised. Soon.