The article, when I read it the first time, seemed to be clear enough:
“Decoy Jew” is a new phrase in the Netherlands. Jews are no longer safe in major Dutch cities such as Amsterdam. Since 1999, Jewish organizations in the Netherlands have been complaining that Jews who walk the Dutch streets wearing skullcaps risk verbal and physical attacks by young Muslims. Being insulted, spat at or attacked are some of the risks associated with being recognizable as a Jew in contemporary Western Europe.So, we have here a sad story of young Muslims becoming way too frisky and venting their frustrations in a healthy anti-Semitic way (or is it the anti-Zionist way, it is so difficult to get a handle on the distinction these days?). We have a cause and we have a natural police response to it. Sad as it is, nowadays it's not exceptional in Europe.
In an effort to arrest the culprits who terrorize Jews, the Amsterdam authorities have ordered police officers to walk the streets disguised as Jews. The Dutch police already disguise officers as “decoy prostitutes, decoy gays and decoy grannies” to deter muggings and attacks on prostitutes, homosexuals and the elderly. Apparently sending out the decoys has helped reduce street crime. The “decoy Jew” has now been added to the police attributes.
But then something caused me to browse the article again. Here it comes:
The deployment of “decoy Jews”, however, is being criticized by leftist parties such as the Dutch Greens. Evelien van Roemburg, an Amsterdam counselor of the Green Left Party, says that using a decoy by the police amounts to provoking a crime, which is itself a criminal offence under Dutch law.So I have one or two questions to ask the Counselor:
- Does the Counselor protest the use of decoy Jews only, or decoys in general?
- Does the Counselor think that the urge to attack a peacefully walking and minding own business Jew is natural?
- Maybe the real Jews (not the decoy ones) should be also considered as provocateurs of crime by their mere appearance?
- The Counselor herself is a mighty good looking person. Wouldn't the Counselor's appearance on the streets of Amsterdam be a provocation for all kinds of unsavory elements? By itself a criminal offense, so to speak?
- And... no, enough is enough.
Via The Blonde Zionist Jewish Chick.