16 August 2010

Jennifer Aniston vs Bill O'Reilly

Not that I am terribly interested or, deity forbid, involved in the general subject, but this specific squabble caught my eye. First of all, because the editor decided to put the pictures of the protagonists side by side.

If the visual effect is to be the decisive factor then I have to confess: if I were a kid looking for adoption, left side would have won hands down. At least, on the face of it.

But then another factor came into play: Mr O'Reilly, in his zeal to protect the apple pie and the family values, said, obviously in the heat of the argument:

Dads bring a psychology to children that is in this society, I believe, under-emphasized. I think men get hosed all day long in the parental arena.
Dunno: whatever psychology Bill's dad brought to him at the time, he definitely skimped on mouth washing - with soap, I mean.

I am not sure where exactly the "parental area" is located, but I don't recall being hosed there...

Nah... Jennifer still wins.

0 comments: