18 August 2010

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do

Says Mr Grumpy about this:

'Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, said bibles translated into Dari had been found.

'"Yesterday at around 0800 (0330 GMT), one of our patrols confronted a group of foreigners. They were Christian missionaries and we killed them all," he told the AFP news agency.'
Unlike Mr Grumpy, I belong (well, nominally at that) to a less forgiving religion. I am more into the maxim ascribed to Storming Norman Schwartzkopf:
I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting.
And I don't wish to be forgiven for this opinion, thank you all very much.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

My personal favorite was a quote from Confederate Gen. Sandy Pendleton. He said, "I will ask the Lord to save their Yankee souls while I destroy their bodies."

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yep, also a good one. Sometimes generals surprise us, don't they?