A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.Charles Darwin.
Today John Kerry explained which countries are American friends:
"The world is speaking out, and many friends stand ready to respond. the Arab League pledged, quote, "to hold the Syrian regime fully responsible for this crime." The Organization for Islamic Cooperation condemned the regime and said we needed, quote, "to hold the Syrian government legally and morally accountable for this heinous crime." Turkey said there is no doubt that the regime is responsible.
Our oldest ally, the French, said the regime, quote, "committed this vile action, and it is an outrage to use weapons that the community has banned for the last 90 years in all international conventions." The Australian prime minister said he didn't want history to record that we were, quote, a party to turning such a blind eye.
To sum it up, in the order as they are listed by John Kerry, the US has the following friends:
1. Arab League. That would be The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (which dominates, hosts, and payrolls Arab League), and Yemen, and Lebanon, and a bunch of other wonderful countries.
2. Organization for Islamic Cooperation. That would be The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (which dominates, hosts and payrolls OIC), and Yemen, and Lebanon, and Turkey, and a bunch of other wonderful countries.
3. Turkey. I feel like I am repeating myself.
4. France. Has not joined the OIC. Yet.
5. Australian Prime Minister. The outgoing Prime Minister, to be precise.
In summary, we have Saudis in the first place, Saudis in the second place, Turkish Sultanate in the third place, France (just to spite Britain) and a Prime Minister who is about to lose his job.
Britain, Canada and Israel did not make the cut.