If you can't fathom Putin's erratic actions whether they relate to attack on Georgia or foreign policy concerning the US, Iran and Syria or his actions towards individuals such as Snowden or members of Pussy Riot, then you should listen to Dr Fedorov.
Who is Dr Fedorov? He is a Russian citizen (there is a surprise!) He is also a highly ranked member of the Russian Parliament (GosDuma), responsible for the economic policy. Dr Fedorov is also the member of modern Russian version of Politburo Executive Committee (центрального политсовета «Единой России») . He is known to be close to Vladimir Putin.
What follows is a detailed recent interview with Dr Fedorov which answers any questions you may have about regime's reasoning and worldview. It's perfect. There are only three minor problems with this interview:
- It's long (90 minutes)
- It's in Russian.
- It's absolutely nuts.
I can help with items 1 and 2. Here are a few key highlights:
- Russian constitution was partly written by Britain in 1920. It was modified by the US in 1990s.
- Russia is occupied by the United States. It has been - since betrayal in 1980s. Literally. Russian officials only pretend that they work for the Russian Government. In reality they work for Americans.
- US/England - same thing. Anglo-Saxons. Nefarious by nature.
- USA is identical to Nazi Germany. Their modus operandi involves hiring divisions of cannibals and other irregulars under the auspices of Al Qaeda to annihilate peaceful people all over the world. Today it's Syria. Within 5 years it will be Russia. Definitely.
- A recently issued juvenile law in Russia is another mechanism to subjugate Russians. If any Russian family has less than 12 different types of fruit in the fridge, and more importantly, does not tow the American line, then children can be taken away from them. Putin was against this law; it was imposed on Gosduma by the US.
- Putin is a freedom fighter (against the US occupation). The only way to stop US cannibals eating all Russians in 5 years' time is for every Russian citizen (US agents excepted) to march in the streets in support of Putin.
- US appoints Iranian presidents (via bribing Ayatollahs responsible for selection).
- Currently Putin cannot fight the US occupation openly. He is scared of the US. It's like Soviet guerilla during WWII, who had to hide their Kalashnikovs or hide in the forests until SS soldiers looked away so they could be shot at.