The news is not a scoop, really, taking globalization into account. The only fresh aspect of the story is that Canadians were complaining about Israelis using Canadian passports for nefarious purposes, and now the table was turned.
Otherwise, the story could serve for an entertaining exercise:
- Canadians caught in Iran using Israeli passports.
- Canadians caught in Israel using Iranian passports.
- Iranians caught in Israel using Canadian passports.
- Iranians caught in Canada using Israeli passports.
- Israelis caught in Iran using Canadian passports.
- Israelis caught in Canada using Iranian passports.
Now add other countries judiciously and mix carefully.