13 November 2014

London? Where gays try to unite with Muslims? No, really, you are pulling my leg...

When I've seen that picture first, my reaction was to dismiss it as a fairly primitive Photoshop job.


Just before clicking out of the place where the picture was found, I have decided to do some searching, in order to establish firmly that this picture is a fake.

What do you know? Not a fake, after all.
East London Pride marched from Hackney town hall until Oxford House, just off Bethnal Green Road. London, UK. 24th September 2011
And you thought there are limits to humans' stupidity...

Update: I was (possibly) hasty in my reaction to the picture and the underlying story. As I was told by a person who deserves all credit in my book, Peter Tatchell does some sterling work in Muslim community, between other things fighting the homophobia.

I have looked at some articles on the Internet. Indeed, Peter Tatchell is active in organizations like MAMA that fight Islamophobia and was even recognized as a patron of this organization.

Not that his work is easy, as follows from this report. And it is not that he is loved by some strange creatures, like AssaJew Aviva Stahl here.

6 comments:

Michael Sedley said...

Nothing new about the pink-green alliance
http://queersagainstapartheid.org/

I even blogged about it ages ago:

http://betweenjerusalemandtelaviv.blogspot.co.il/2009/02/queer-jews-to-end-occupation.html

Turns out you don't have to be very smart to hold a protest sign...

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yes. However, in response to that post I was told by a person I fully respect that Peter Tatchell works quite fruitfully with Muslim community to eradicate the lack of tolerance toward gays.

peterthehungarian said...

Snoopy he does what you said by directing the Muslim hate towards Israel. Tatchell is a card-carrying Israel-hater.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Oh, I know that he is a multifaceted personality, Peter. Let him...

Dick Stanley said...

Why not? All the Muzzies would have to give up is their goats. Fat chance.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Let's all wish Mr Tatchell success meanwhile.