07 July 2013

She needs feminism - because of armpit hair?

Guardian calls upon its readers to... well, here it is:

Lad culture appears to permeate all aspects of student life – from Facebook newsfeeds to the debating chamber of Glasgow University. But women are fighting back – or at least that's what the recent surge in the number of student feminist societies suggests.

From burnt bras to feminist graffiti and event flyers, we want to see the shoots of the new feminism on your campus. Share your images and videos.
"Lad culture"? Let me know what exactly it means. Whatever, one of the photos from the collection they proudly display, says:


So this is what feminism is about? I know that Wiki is not a very well regarded source in higher education circles, but here they offer a definition of feminism:
Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women.
And, you know, it looks like this definition just hits the spot. However, the whole long Wiki entry doesn't contain any mention of armpit hair, not even a mention of armpit as such. So I really wouldn't know how the armpit hair issue got into the feminist agenda.

In any case, I am to meet a man yet what has something personal about armpit hair. I can assure the lady in the picture and any other lady who might want to know, that I am not at all perturbed by any amount of armpit hair. As long as it (armpit hair) doesn't overflow onto my plate, of course - bring it on!

Afterword: The rumors about me being scared to death of a violent feminist takeover of the world are somewhat true. However, there is absolutely no basis in reality for the claims about witnessing me running naked or semi-naked in the streets at early hours of the night, screaming my lungs out after a recurrent nightmare, where I am being slowly strangled by a rope, braided from the armpit hair of a militant feminist I once encountered. Not true.

Well, at least not every night.

4 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Equal, my arse. They don't want to be equal. They want to be in charge. Glascow, eh? I guess Scotland is the next country to see its fertility drop below replacement.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Infertility is the coming thing now, like iPhone 6.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

All she needs to do is ask any man if he likes that. 9 times out of 10 he will tell her no.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I think only one in 10 will say so. But what do I know? I didn't deal with men personally ;-)