18 September 2013

Offending people?

Is very easy, apparently. Even a simple photograph, which is no more than a faithful recording of a fact, could offend. In this case a picture called "New Mexico," which shows a mesa with portable toilets in front of it, appears to be offensive to some.


I can't see what's so offensive in this picture for the life of me. As a tourist with some accumulated mileage, I have been in much more offensive situations, not the least of which was a mesa without a chemical (or any other) toilet.

So, I think, some people should just relax.

6 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I cannot see how advertising the fact that your state provides free toilets in out of the way areas is in any way offensive, unless, of course, you have to pay to use the toilet paper. That's always struck me as offensive, but that's just me, I guess.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

New Mexicans are touchy folks. It's all that sand and rocks, and public toilets are probably few and far between.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

So true, and the conjunction of two words: "mesa" and "toilet" makes me shiver again and again for so many years already. They really put a finger on one of my less than stellar moments.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, some folks need to chill out. Maybe they can barrow some peyote from the local Navaho Indians and get high.
In my younger days, that always helped!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Dick, you are forgetting Roswell. (Joke)


(Roswell has been the leading tourist attraction in New Mexico for a number of years. This is a tribute to the spirit of that Great American, P.T. Barnum, who was dedicated to the principle:
"There is a Sucker born every minute and if I do not get him someone else will."!)

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, but does peyote replace a good clean chemical toilet?