Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Ah, transitions…this week marks the departure of our dear friend and colleague Debbie Hamilton of Right Truth,who is leaving the Council as she dials back her blogging to concentrate on other pursuits. Aside from her writing skills, Debbie has always been the quintessential good ol’ girl in the best sense of the word, loyal, sweet and steadfast to her friends and a joy to have around. We shall all miss her.
But on the other hand, look what we got here! This weeK also marks the debut of two new Council members, Dan at Gay Patriot and Sara at The Independent Sentinel, and both of them I think you’re really going to be impressed by.
This week, Crazy Bald Guy, Liberty’s Spirit and Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Good to know these folks are on our high court”
- The Noisy Room – The Day the Music Died
- Joshuapundit- Libya: War By UN Diktat
- The Political Commentator – Conservatives Dumb, Liberals Mute?
- The Right Planet – In Memory of Kevin Eve: The Last Breathing Hole
- The Independent Sentinel –Obama And The Global Push To Ban Small Arms In The United States.
- Simply Jews – It’s still a free world, is it?
- Rhymes With Right – Should The Catholic Church Go Medieval Over ObamaCare Regulations?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Crescent Crash
- New Zeal – Econonomic Sabotage? A Case for the FBI? Occupy Wall Street and the Cuban Connection
- The Razor – Does Romney 2012 = McCain 2008?
- VA Right! - Ron Newtorum Wins CPAC 2012 Straw Poll With 62%
- The Mellow Jihadi – German Sailors Support Occupy Wall Street?
- The Glittering Eye -Is There Such a Thing as Moral Failure?
- Bookworm Room – White House takes down petition asking it to stop pretending that Catholic institutions aren’t being forced to pay for ideologically offensive products
- Gay Patriot – Is Obama expecting economic crisis to last until 2018?
- Crazy Bald Guy – Santorum surges… for now
- Liberty’s Spirit-Contraception vs Separation of Church and State
- Capitalist Preservation – Move over GI Joe. There’s a new bad ass in town.
- Natural Born Conservative – Is Mitt Romney Severely Conservative? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Rush Limbaugh –Obama Didn’t Cave on the HHS Mandate; He’s Making an Unprecedented Power Grab submitted by The Noisy Room
- Victor Davis Hanson – Iran 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish -A Tale Of two Warssubmitted by The Political Commentator
- Michelle Malkin – ‘To Stop the Multiplication of the Unfit’ submitted by The Right Planet
- Yid With Lid – With Friends Like Obama And The PA – Israel Doesn’t Need Enemies submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Christian Aid Watch – Why Did They Go? submitted by Simply Jews
- Ben Shapiro/Right Wing News – Video: Is The Tea Party Dead? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Compass – Is Terrorism OK If Israel Does It? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Accuracy In Media – David Brock Out of the Closet, Again submitted by New Zeal
- Promethean Antagonist –Snippets…(rants on Leftdom) submitted by The Razor
- The Jersey-Texan – The Racism of Daily Kos for GOP Candidate Mia B. Love submitted by VA Right!
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –Providence begs for mercy, probably won’t get it submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Daily Caller – Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Wolf Howling -A historical perspective on religion and Obama’s HHS mandate submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Enterprise Blog -How Romney can start to energize conservatives submitted by Gay Patriot
- Iowahawk – A Fistful Of Rebates submitted by The Watcher
- Seraphic Secret – Passover, 2011: In Every Generation submitted by The Watcher