04 October 2011

Gilad Atzmon, again

For those of you who don't get to see the Community Security Trust blog, the following might be of interest. It is a review, highly critical, in the proper intellectual sense of that word, of Atzmon's latest tome, "The Wandering Who". It deconstructs the book and also, in passing, Atzmon himself. While I am sure there are those who would want to disagree with Mark Gardener's article, they'll have to read the book first. For myself, I have better things to do with my time, and I'm glad that Gardener (editor of the CST blog) has done the job for me, and convinced me that this book isn't worth reading.

Read the review here.

For those who don't know of it, the Community Security Trust is the defence wing of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, and provides both security for the Jewish community in Britain, as well as training for in-house defence, and keeps a log of all reported antisemitic incidents in the UK. The blog has grown out of this last activity.

Contributed by Brian Goldfarb.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

Ridiculous shite, this book. Why, I wonder, does the author need such convoluted "reasoning" to back up his hatred? Why not just get to it? As the swoop slogan goes: Just Do It!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Oh, the authour is himself a pretty convoluted character. Mad as a bedbug if you ask me.