30 July 2009

Rorschach ink blots, gongoozler

There is something in common between these popular search items, but I can't immediately put my finger on it.

Gongoozler is a person who enjoys watching activity on the canals in the United Kingdom. The term is also often used in a more general way to describe those who have an interest in canals and the canal life, but do not actively participate.

Yet in the last few months, the online encyclopedia Wikipedia has been engulfed in a furious debate involving psychologists who are angry that the 10 original Rorschach plates are reproduced online, along with common responses for each.
Of course, I've run to Wiki for the test. The results were crushing and depressing, and as a responsible blogger that cares about public health, I am not going to divulge them. Aside of one conclusion: I am a latent gongoozler!

0 comments: