11 March 2013

Watch and, I hope, enjoy!

This posting is just inviting you to have some fun. I'm not sure where the second one came from, now: as you'll see, it's from youtube. How long did it take you to recognise the music of that one? The first one's easier: the link (via The Times of Israel) tells us in the story that it's music students from the Jerusalem School of Music coming together to play Tchaikovsky's "Waltz of the Flowers". Note the brass section on a balcony/walkway above the hall in Haddassah hospital where they performed this. The article tells us that the students enjoyed it so much, they plan to do it once a week, same place, same time! The second one I may have posted before. If so, apologies. But, if you didn't keep it last time, you might want to this time. I play it every few weeks: makes me feel much better!





By: Brian Goldfarb

2 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Enjoyed, indeed. Thanks. But I think the Hadassah one is the genuine article. The other seems to be a recording.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Dick, both were recorded "for the record". Both were pre-arranged, but that doesn't mean that the audience knew that it was about to happen, in either case. I do suspect that the little girl in the Spanish video was probably a daughter of one of the musicians, and given a signal as to when to drop the coin in the hat.


That said, all "flash mobs" are organised; it's just that some of them try to involve the passers-by in the action, and many of them were commercial - linked to television or film ads. These two are for the sheer joy of the event.


Well, that's my take, and I smile each time I watch them!