27 October 2012

This reads like it's one of "Ripley's Believe it or Not" exhibits

There's a strange article in The Guardian (I know, I know) that, if it were from any one of a number of other UK papers, I'd be more inclined to give it credence. The heading tells us that the UK government has rejected US calls for the use of UK-controlled bases to assist in an attack on Iran.

The article (brought to you courtesy of The Tablet) is sub-headed "Secret legal advice states pre-emptive strike could be in breach of international law as Iran not yet 'clear and present threat'". I'm suspicious, if only because of The Guardian's increasingly obvious bias in matters Middle Eastern. Unkind of me, I know.

My problem is that the whole attitude of the article fits far too neatly into what we know of the "progressive" left's take on all things Israeli and Zionist. Still, make up your own minds as to how much strength we should place in the story.

By Brian Goldfarb.

0 comments: