07 September 2006

Yes, where is Germaine Greer's e-mail?

I must say in advance - I wasn't one of the Steve Irwin's most ardent fans. But I rather prefer to watch other things on the box, if at all. This is of no consequence in this case.

But reading Aussie Dave's posts on the subject, and then reading the original article by Ms Greer, I have been so thoroughly revolted that I am joining the crowd of those clamoring for that e-mail address. Quoting Dave: "I suggest Greer goes off somewhere and burns her bra..preferably while still wearing it."

I have rarely seen anything as callous and poisonous as that article in the Guardian. The body was still warm, when that creature has written "Not much sympathy there then." When I read this paragraph:

"Irwin was the real Crocodile Dundee, a great Australian, an ambassador for wildlife, a global phenomenon, a superhuman generator of merchandise, books, interactive video-games and action figures. The only creatures he couldn't dominate were parrots. A parrot once did its best to rip his nose off his face. Parrots are a lot smarter than crocodiles."

I could not get out of my mind an image of that poisonous snake she mentions elsewhere in the article. I applaud the Aussie (Shane Gillard of Ormiston, Queensland) who has so succinctly put it in a comment to that filthy article:

Germaine Greer's unwanted comment about Steve Irwin's death proves once and for all what a bitter old grub she has become. I don't know what the people of the UK have done wrong to deserve her presence there, but we here in Australia are more than happy for you to keep her. Think of it as payback for all the convicts you sent here. I regret Steve Irwin's passing. I will not regret Miss Greer's.

Good stuff, mate. And 'nuf said.

***

0 comments: